Thursday, November 17, 2011

Guest Blog - Natasha Moore

Natasha Moore is with us today talking about her new book,
 RISK IT from Samhain Publishing.
 Here's the cover - 
 ///fanning///, and ///fanning /// some more!


Thanks to Roz for inviting me as her guest today. I’m celebrating the release of the second book in my Paolo’s Playhouse series from Samhain. RISK IT is the story of a married couple who have let the stress of day to day life take the spark out of their marriage. I don’t know about any of you, but as a working mom with two kids, there are times I feel as if I get on a treadmill the second I wake up in the morning and I don’t get off it until I drop into bed at night. Sex? I’m too tired!

Yeah, there may be more than a little bit of me in my heroine, Amy.


Blurb:

On the outside, Amy has the American dream. Two busy kids, a job she loves, a big house thanks to her husband’s climb up the corporate ladder. What she hasn’t had in a long time…is sex. Sure, she’s too exhausted at night to think about it, but maybe Will’s long hours at work aren’t the real reason he rarely touches her anymore.

Feeling her marriage teetering on the edge, she rents the voyeur room at Paolo’s Playhouse. Maybe bringing back the memory of the one wicked thing they used to do together will relight the sparks.

Will loves his wife, but she’s never been one to take chances—except for the time before kids, when they’d camp out in a club’s back booth, getting all worked up watching the dirty dancers. Their careers have seriously cut into their “us” time, and if she’s booked them a sexual playroom, it sounds like she’s serious about solving the problem.

When Will shows up way, way late, Amy wonders why she bothered, and if her plan to relight the flame has only made it painfully clear that it’s too late to try.


Luckily, I discovered romance, and erotic romance in particular. I didn’t have a fantasy club like Paolo’s Playhouse to go to, but I was able to live out my fantasies in those stories and they seemed to jump start my libido again. Let me tell you, my husband loves it when I’m reading (or writing) erotic romance.

Shhhh!!!! Natasha!!! You're telling our writer secrets!! LOL


Here’s an excerpt from RISK IT:


The door opened again. Paolo stepped into the room. “Your husband has not arrived?”

She took a deep, shaky breath. “No.”

He sat down in the chair beside her. “It is difficult to wait, isn’t it?” She nodded, looking down at her hands, clasped in her lap. “Especially for someone you care for so much.”

Amy nodded again. She thought she heard a touch of pain in his voice. Perhaps this handsome man had had his share of heartbreak. Maybe he did understand.

“I…um, I was really looking forward to this evening. We have two children and busy jobs, and we don’t get much time alone.”

“People like you and your husband are the very reason the Playhouse was started,” he said smoothly. “There are not many safe places for people to indulge in a private fantasy. Or to try something new. To take a risk.”

Sometimes risks didn’t pay off. Paolo must be an expert at this fantasy thing, must see tons of people come and go. As he calmly sat there beside her, not judging but supporting, she found herself pouring out her troubled thoughts.

“It’s not that I don’t like sex. I do. But why can’t he understand that I get so tired? I work all day and come home to the kids and dinner and homework and laundry, and by the time I fall into bed, sex is the last thing on my mind!” Her hand flew to her mouth, as if she could take back that outpouring of words. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go off like that.”

“It’s all right. But you know, of course, that you must make time for each other.”

“But he’s just as bad. He’s been working all these long hours lately and comes home just in time to go to bed and then expects a quickie before he rolls over and goes to sleep.” Like last night.

“What am I supposed to do?”

“My answer is the same. You must make your time together as important as your careers or your children or your laundry.”

Easier said than done. But… “I love him.”

“Of course you do. And you’re here to make things better, right? This playroom, the blue room, it has a special meaning for you both?”

“I thought it did, but it looks like I’ve been stood up.” Obviously, this night alone together didn’t mean anything to Will.

Paolo took her hand. “I’m certain your husband wanted to be here.” He glanced at his watch.

“Perhaps you would like to reschedule?”

“No.” Why couldn’t they wait a little longer? “Oh, I suppose the other couple has…”

“Yes, they’ve already started.”

She rose to her feet. The hell with Will anyway. Postponing it until another night wasn’t going to make any difference. She flashed Paolo a shaky smile. “Well, I don’t want to miss that. Could you take me to the playroom now, please?”


The first book in the Paolo’s Playhouse series, FLAUNT IT is available now. RISK IT released on Nov 15th.  BIRTHDAY GIRL is scheduled for release in Feb and PLAYTHING in May. I hope you’ll want to give them a try. Especially if you want to add a little spark to your relationship. Your partner will be glad you did J

Natasha
Natasha Moore fell in love with the written word as soon as she could read.  As she grew up, she discovered romance and now enjoys the chance to add some extra sizzle to her stories. She writes sexy contemporary and erotic romance for Samhain, Ellora’s Cave and Red Sage. She lives in New York State with her real life hero who is happy to tell everyone that he’s her inspiration.  They travel in their RV whenever possible. The great thing about writing is she can take it anywhere. 

Many thanks to Natasha for stopping by today. I'm always grateful when someone brings along eye-candy, like that awesome cover, and follows it up with an excerpt that has me running for the buy link! And in case it has you doing the same thing - here it is!  BUY LINK And wow! It's only $1.75. I gotta have this!

Feel free to leave a comment for Natasha so she'll come back and visit with us again!Maybe she'll bring more eye-candy next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment