Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Blog Hop

Congratulations to Megan G.! She's the lucky winner today!

Congrats to the Grand Prize winners -
Melissa L.
Wendy S.

Tomorrow is the big day - St. Patrick's Day!

My real last name is very Irish, even though I personally haven't got a drop of Irish blood, it seems my daughters got their share - especially my oldest. She is often told she looks Irish, and then when they learn her name, the observers congratulate themselves on their astute powers - much to her annoyance!

When the girls were little, and believed in magical creatures like leprechauns, I looked forward to St. Patrick's Day. It was usually a school day, and I would get up early and set things into motion. Armed with a bottle of green food coloring, I turned the leprechaun in me loose!
A drop or two in the bottom of a glass, a cereal bowl, or sometimes in a mixing bowl was all it took. When the girls came down, I'd grab the jug of apple juice and the pre-prepared glasses from the cabinet. While I gathered things for their breakfast, we talked about St. Patrick's Day, and I made sure they wore something green. I'd mention that I hoped the mischievous leprechauns stayed away - just to make sure the girls were primed. Then I'd pour the juice or milk, and as the glass or bowl filled, the liquid turned green! The girls would giggle and point as I pretended not to notice - then I'd shriek and blame the leprechauns. 
The ruse worked pretty well with pancake batter too. At any rate, the girls went to school with a smile on their face, and always with a green cookie or other treat in their lunchbox.

Well, that's my St. Patrick's Day story. Silly, but fun.

Now, for the giveaway.

I'm making it easy on you. All you have to do is leave a comment below to enter the contest. One lucky person will win their choice of books from the Lothario Series - THE LUST BOAT, SHOW ME THE ROPES, LOVE ME TWICE, FOUR OF HEARTS, or UNDER THE COVERS.

I'd appreciate it if you took a moment to peruse a few of my books. They're all on my website, so if you have a minute, stop by and take a look. Here's the link.

So...tell me what you do for St. Patrick's Day, silly or otherwise. And remember, if you must drink, don't drive. 

Here's the linky to the other participating authors. Make sure to visit as many as you can and leave a comment to enter the grand prize drawing to win a Kindle Fire of a Nook Color or you could win a $90 Gift Card to Amazon or B&N.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for book. I look forward to reading The Lust Boat.

    ReplyDelete