Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thursday Thirteen - Counting my Blessings


This past year has passed in a whirlwind. Lots of wonderful blessings have come my way, including the addition of a son-in-law to our family just two short days from now. As you read this, I'm probably on the road to the wedding. So, join me as I count my blessings for 2012 and wish you a safe and wonderful New Year.


1.      I got another year older. This, of course, is better than the alternative.
2.      One of our daughters graduated from the police academy and now drives a patrol car and carries a gun. This, too, is better than the alternative.
3.      Our other daughter got engaged.
4.      We’re getting a new son-in-law two days from now.
5.      All my books are selling on a daily basis.
6.      We learned our bi-coastal existence will come to an end in about a month!
7.      My cupboards hold more food than we can eat.
8.      Good health has favored us.
9.      Stories and words continue to swarm in my head and out onto paper.
10.  I’ve met some absolutely wonderful people I'm grateful to call friend.
11.  I’ve been places and seen new things.
12.  Steady paychecks have continued to come.
13.  You are reading this. I’m blessed that you took the time to stop by today. May your blessing be plentiful in the New Year.

Visit more Thursday Thirteen participants - here.


2 comments:

  1. Great list, Roz! I hope you're having a wonderful time at the wedding! Wishing you a blessed 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice solid list. Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!
    tsukito34[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete