Thursday, March 8, 2012

Heather Thurmeier - Love on Landing

Today, my guest is Heather Thurmeier. I'm always in awe of other writers, especially the ones who have small children, a spouse and a house to take care of in addition to writing. Heather is one of those people, and she's sharing her wisdom with us today, as well as an excerpt from her book, LOVE ON LANDING.
Take it away, Heather!



Wife and Mother as Inspiration for Writing

I think everything in real life leads to some kind of inspiration in my writing, including begin a wife and mother. However, I don’t think they inspire me in the way you’re probably thinking.

It’s not the time that my husband will send me flowers for no reason that inspires a romantic scene in a book. Or the hugs and kisses I get from the kids inspiring the heartfelt love that a heroine feels for her family. Of course those things are a part of me and therefore become a tiny bit of my writing, but I wouldn’t say those moments are the inspiration for my writing.

Being a wife and a mother inspires me in the most simply way—they inspire me to just do the thing I love to the best of my ability. I know I’m not the best writer in the world, but I love being a writer and it makes me feel good to share my stories with readers. But at times, it’s hard to go through this process of writing and somehow stay motivated to keep going when times get tough. I do carry on because my husband and my kids are there beside me on the couch cheering me on to type the next scene, to send out that manuscript again because maybe the next editor will like it, or to start a new idea when I’m tired and just want to give up.

It’s my kids and my husband looking at me with pride in their eyes that inspires me to keep going and keep writing the best stories I can write.

Who inspires you?

Heather Thurmeier
~Heart, humor and a happily ever after.

About Heather:
Heather Thurmeier was born and raised in the Canadian prairies, but now she lives in upstate New York with her own personal romance Hero (aka her husband) and their two little princesses. When she's not busy taking care of the kids and an adventurous puppy named Indy, Heather's hard at work on her next romance novel. She loves to hear from readers. Heart, humor, and a happily ever after.

Website: http://heatherthurmeier.com
Email: heatherthurmeier@gmail.com
Twitter: @hthurmeier
Facebook: Heather Thurmeier, author






Blurb:
When Tali tries to recover from a recent break-up with a trip to Paris for some retail therapy, she discovers shopping isn’t the only way to cure her broken heart. On route, she meets new pilot, Gavin. Tali and Gavin have instant chemistry and friction as their personalities clash at 30,000 feet.

One night in bed isn’t enough to quell the fireworks between Tali and Gavin and when tempers erupt, Tali’s ex-boyfriend is there to pick up the pieces. Too bad she’s finally realized what she really wants in life…and it isn’t her ex or the life her father has planned back home.

Now all Tali wants is the man who loved her enough to tell her what she didn’t want to hear, but can she win his heart back again on the trip home and find Love on Landing?

Excerpt:

“No, I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what the hell just happened.” She put her hand on his arm, stopping him when he tried to walk down the street. His biceps bulged under her fingers and she couldn’t help but squeeze him a little tighter.

Gavin turned to face her. He bent down until his face was level with hers, his mouth hovering so close to hers that she could stick out her tongue and lick him. God she wanted to lick him.
But she wouldn’t. That wouldn’t exactly be appropriate behavior for two friends while walking down the streets of Paris.
“I said it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.”
Lick him.
She licked her own lips instead, urging her internal voice to shut the hell up. “It is something. You’re lying to me.”
“You’re right, there is something wrong.” He stared at her for a long moment, his mouth so close to touching hers, she could practically taste him already. “You promised me dinner of my choice and I’m starving. Let’s go eat.”
She tried to mutter a response, but her tongue didn’t seem to work anymore for anything other than kissing him. How could he think about eating right now? All she could think about was the heat of his body melting into her, warming her right to her core.
“I’ll take your answer as a yes. This way.” He took her hand in his free one and guided her down the street.


Purchase - LOVE ON LANDING -


Heather will be giving away a $25 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a $10 Amazon GC to the host whose post receives the most comments. 

So...What inspires you?

Click on the banner to follow the tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment